Want to speed up Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8? Windows Internet Explorer or IE (abbreviated) was developed by Microsoft. It is a web browser and was released in 1995. Many people use Internet Explorer 10 as their primary browser, thus the issue Internet Explorer slow really makes many people panic. If you have the same trouble, just keep reading and learn about how to speed up Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8.
3 Ways to Speed up IE 10 in Windows 8
There are many ways you can use to speed up your Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8. Here we list the 3 most commonly used ways for your reference.
Way 1: Disable Add-ons
A main reason caused IE 10 slow is loading a lot of add-ons during startup, thus disable unnecessary add-ons is an efficient way to speed up Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8.
Way 2: Increase Maximum Number of Connections per Server
The number of connections per Server determines how many files you can download maximum from one particular website at a time. IE 7 and below are bound to maximum 2 connections per server. That means you can download maximum two files from one particular website at a time. IE 8 raised this limit up to 6. IE 10 is more flexible.
Here you will come to know how to increase number of simultaneous HTTP connections to 10. This will make the loading of web pages faster.
1. Open registry by writing “regedit” in “run” prompt.
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
3. Right click on Internet Settings. Go to New->DWORD (32-bit) Value. And the following screen will appear.
4. Now, edit “New Value #1″ & writeMaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
5. Double click on newly created entry. Edit screen will appear. Select Decimal & in the Value data box write 10. That means at a time 10 files can be downloaded from server.
6. Restart your computer and to see if your IE 10 is faster now.
Way 3: Clear Temporary Files & History
After using IE for a long time, the temporary files will get pied up which slow down your IE. It is useful to delete them in some time interval.
1. Go to Tools->Internet options.
2. Click Delete in General tab.
3. Select all (or you can leave some) & Delete.
These are the most commonly used ways to speed up Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8. For more Windows 8 tips, click here.