It happened in front of each, the computer equivalent of locking your keys in the car. You are hired as administrator and then you have forgotten your password. Now you must find a way to make your own Parental Controls in Windows Vista to avoid. Here are some ways to get the Web sites and applications, you may need while you try to remember your administrator password.
Remote Control a Computer
- Download or open a remote computer controlling program like LogMeIn. Install the program.
- Contact a friend, family member, or colleague and explain your situation to them. Ask them if you can remote control their computer using this program. It is important that this other computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Download or open the same program on that person’s computer.
- Open the program on your computer and you will be able to control this other computer remotely. Through the other computer you will be able to access the Internet and programs that are blocked on your computer.
Use a Proxy
- Go to a web proxy server, like Wiiproxy. Some proxies may be blocked on your browser, but usually you will be able to find a proxy that works using a Google search.
- Type in the Internet address that you wish to view in the space provided by the proxy.
- The proxy will then go to the website you specified and it will go around most parental control settings. Flash videos and other certain file types may be difficult to view on some proxies.
Use a Linux CD/DVD to Boot
- Download or buy a Linux CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. One possible download is BartPE. A Linux CD is an operating system that can be booted up straight from your CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
- Connect the Linux drive or insert the Linux CD into your computer.
- Restart your computer and hit “F2″ several times until the BIOS setup utility comes up.
- On the menu labeled boot order, select the location of your Linux as the boot device instead of the hard drive. Select “OK” and start the computer.
- Your computer should run off of the Linux operating system, allowing you to avoid Internet filters and the tracking utility.