Windows 8.1 the successor to its controversial Windows 8 operating system has been available for upgrading for a few days. Though some users upgrade it smoothly, others have not been so lucky. Recently, we’re seeing a number of users can’t find Windows 8.1 update in Windows Store. In this article I will show what to do if you can’t find Windows 8.1 update in Windows Store.
Why You Can’t Find Windows 8.1 Update in Windows Store?
This troublesome issue may be caused by 3 common reasons:
1. Microsoft immediately suspended availability of the update after reports that a very small number of Surface RT customers experienced an issue that left the update incomplete and their devices unbootable.
2. You might be running an edition of Windows 8 that doesn’t support the free update from the Store. Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include: Windows 8 Enterprise, Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed by enterprises using KMS activation, Editions of Windows 8 that are installed using an MSDN ISO, and activated using multiple activation keys
3. You haven’t install KB 2871389 in your computer.
How to Find Windows 8.1 Update in Windows Store?
If you can’t see Windows 8.1 in the Windows Store due to the loss of 2871389, you probably need to run Windows Update to get the “KB 2871839″update before Windows 8.1 becomes available to you in the Store. To do this, follow the directions below:
1. Open Windows Update. (You can either swipe in from the right edge of the screen or use mouse to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up.)
2. Click Settings -> Change PC settings, and then click Windows Update.
3. Tap or click Check for updates now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.
(If you don’t have automatic installation of important updates turned on, click Turn on recommended settings before you can check for updates)
4. Click the message telling you how many updates will be installed automatically and look for one that includes (KB2871389)
5. Click Install to install all the recommended updates in the list.
6. Restart your computer and click Store, you should see the Windows 8.1 update.
After that, you will find Windows 8.1 update in Windows Store. Before you update it, read this article to see What You Need to Do before Windows 8.1 Upgrade or Installation.