Where can I find my homegroup password? Can’t view homegroup password in Windows 8.1? A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share files and printers. Using a homegroup makes sharing easier. You can share pictures, music, videos, documents, and printers with other people in your homegroup.
You can help protect your homegroup with a password, which you view and change it anytime. Below we list 3 methods for you to find Windows 8.1 homegroup password. if you forgot your homegroup password, read please.
P.S.: Also be interested in how to find Windows 8 Homegroup password, click here for a further view.
Method 1: View Windows 8.1 Homegroup Password in File Explorer
Follow 3 easy steps to find Windows 8.1 homegroup password using file explorer.
- Open File Explorer, click on Homegroup in the navigation pane.
- Click on the HomeGroup tab on the ribbon, click on View password. Or, Right click on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click on View the HomeGroup password.
- You will now see the homegroup password that you can also print out if you want.
Method 2: Find Windows 8.1 Homegroup Password Using PC Settings
You can also easily see Windows 8.1 homegroup password in PC settings.
- Open PC settings and click on Network on the left side.
- Click on HomeGroup on the left side; scroll down on the right side to see the homegroup password under Password.
Method 3: Find Windows 8.1 Homegroup Password Using HomeGroup Control Panel
Follow 3 easy steps below to view Windows 8.1 homegroup password in homegroup Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and click on HomeGroup icon. Then click on the View or print the homegroup password link.
- Now you can find the homegroup password and you can print it out if you like.
To sum up, we have listed 3 methods for you to find homegroup password in Windows 8.1. If you suffer finding the password, just have a try.